RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Nutrition Coordinator at Lutheran Island Camp is to serve guests by meeting their food service expectations. Some of these expectations include: courteous service, quality food served on time according to program schedules, and a clean dining area with safe, sanitary food preparation conditions. The Nutrition Coordinator must also serve the camp by providing value to the guests within the designated nutrition budget.
- Prepare menus and meals for groups ranging from 5 to 100 plus (including a cost analysis).
- Working as a member of the LIC team in providing quality camping/retreat experiences for youth, families, and groups. This may include other duties when asked.
- Maintaining a safe, clean food prep, cooking, and storage environment.
- Place orders with selected vendors.
- Prepare a yearly inventory of food items.
- Monitor and track food usage monthly (weekly during high summer demand).
- Assign responsibilities to staff and evaluate their progress on a weekly basis.
- Train and supervise up to 5 kitchen staff.
Member of Lutheran Church Missouri Synod preferred.
As least 2 years successful experience in a similar position or graduate of a cooking program.
Graduate of a cooking program preferred but not required.
Certified or able to be certified as a Nutrition Coordinator.
Passion for food and food preparation.
A sense of style and creativity.
Understanding of nutritional needs, diets, allergies, and trends for guests of all ages.
And Other Opportunities as assigned!
Hourly wage will range from $13 – $17 per hour with the number of hours to be negotiated.
This job is closer to full time for the months of June, July, and August.
This job involves most weekends throughout the months of September through May with a few week day retreats.
(There may be the opportunity for on site Lodging)