THE ANTIOCH EXPERIENCE
And when they arrived and gathered the church together, they declared all that God had done with them, and how he had opened a door of faith to the Gentiles. – ACTS 14:27
- Lied Lodge/Arbor Day Farms – Located outside of Nebraska City, NE, 45 minutes from Omaha airport, 2 hours from Kansas City Airport
- Visit liedlodge.org to familiarize yourself with this amazing venue, and grasp the beauty, amenities, and hospitality waiting for us at this world-class conference center.
- Conference begins with dinner on Sunday, Feb. 16, till Thursday, Feb. 20
- NLOMA Joint Recruitment begins on Thursday Feb. 20 till Friday, Feb. 21
- All hotel rooms are furnished with either a king bed or 2 queen beds of luxurious linens and bedding. The bathrooms in each room are newly remodeled with well-appointed features.
- The dining hall and conference rooms are of 5-star elegance.
- Several gift shops, wine tasting, and Arbor Day Farm tours, indoor Olympic size pool, 2 hot tubs, bar and lounges.
- Evening Worship and Fellowship will be in Steinhart Lodge, a rustic building where we can unwind each day.
- The Theme for this year’s NLOMA conference is: “The Antioch Experience”, with Acts 14:27 as the key Scripture.
- As we reflect on the early Christian church’s approach to ministry, we see some similarities to outdoors ministry. We also connect some of the opportunities and challenges that the apostles faced with those of us who serve in outdoors ministry. Paul and his fellow servants might have called the city of Antioch their home base, the place they returned to after their missionary trips. The support and encouragement they gained from that place and those people equipped and nourished them for their next journey of faith.
- Spiritual growth will be led by Rev. Jeffrey Meinz, a long-time friend of NLOMA. Jeffrey will guide us through Bible study and worship to further understand similarities between the people in Antioch and all of us in outdoors ministry. Jeffrey will explore the book of Acts to see how those early Christians were not that much different from us.
- Our goal for the 2020 NLOMA conference is to connect each of us with a small group, led by a colleague who has been receiving training throughout this year. This “Discipleship Group” model will begin at the conference, with hope that each group will continue to connect after the conference, to support and encourage each other while they are in ministry at their camps.
- We will also explore how “small group” ministry has been a key part in most outdoors ministry settings, and how we can do more to maximize the effectiveness of the small group model.
- The Conference will begin with registration from 4-6 pm on Sunday, February 16. We will serve dinner, and then begin the conference activities.
- Our morning and afternoon activities will be held in the Lied Lodge Conference room.
- The evening activities will take place in Steinhart Lodge, about a 100 yard walk from Lied Lodge. Steinhart Lodge will be our location for evening worship and fellowship.
- The Conference ends with the worship and fellowship on Wednesday night, February 19. For those leaving after the conference, check out is Thursday, February 20 in the morning, with no breakfast provided. You can purchase breakfast in the dining room on your own. For those staying for JR (Joint Recruitment) check out will be Friday, February 21st in the morning. Breakfast is not provided. You can purchase breakfast on your own.
- The rooms are luxurious hotel rooms with either a king bed (for those who choose a single room), or 2 queen beds.
- You can room in one of 4 arrangements: Single, Double, Triple, or Quad. The costs per person are lower for each additional person in your room. However, we ask you to do a few things…
- Please try to pick your roommates ahead of time and communicate with them.
- Please pick roommates who are staying the same duration as you. For example, if you want a Triple (three people in your room, 2 would have to share a queen) and one of the three either arrives a day later or leaves a day earlier, the remaining two will be charged as a Double for the double occupancy nights.
- If you want us to pick your roommates, we will try to match you up with people staying the same length of time. If you want us to pick your roommates, and you select either a Triple or Quad room (to save money), some are going to have to share a queen bed. (or, you could sleep on the floor)
- Lounge Areas – Lied Lodge has several comfortable lounge areas to relax and have conversation.
- Break Snacks – outside of the conference room (which is downstairs from the dining room and lounge areas) we will enjoy a Continuous Break Service, complete with snacks, coffee, tea, and just about anything you might need. The break service will be reset in the afternoon with different items.
- Olympic Size Indoor Pool, Hot Tub, and Fitness Center – In the lower level is a resort-quality pool room complete with towels, tables and bathrooms.
- On-Site Spa – Massages and Spa Services of many types available by appointment, additional fee.
- Library Lounge – enjoy cozy tables and a fireplace, and relax will a full menu and full service bar.
- Timbers Dining Room – We will be served buffet style, still of the highest quality dining and comfort.
- WIFI – 2x faster connectivity with fiber broadband
- Gift Shops – Several unique gift shops with Arbor Day Farms souvenirs.
- Cost Per Person – The fees include all lodging, meals, amenities (except Spa), and programming.
- Fee is based on your preference of how many in your room.
- Fee is also based on your length of stay: Conference and JR, Conference Only, JR Only
- Night snacks in Steinhart Lodge – Free: snacks and nonalcoholic drinks, plus one ticket for an alcoholic drink per night, served by the Lied Lodge staff. Additional alcoholic drinks may be purchased by you.
- Airport Shuttle – NLOMA will work with you to save shuttle costs. If we need to arrange a NLOMA special shuttle there will be a $30 round trip fee. You can call Lied Lodge and have them shuttle you for $60 round trip.
- Registration will be open soon through nloma.org/serving-you
- Registration deadline is January 9th, 2020, with no exceptions. We must commit to our numbers with Lied Lodge by then, thank you!
- You can pay online with a credit card, or you can print your completed form and mail it with a check. The address is listed on the registration form.
- Registration confirmation will be emailed to you after you register.